- Freelance Graphic Designer
- Philadelphia, PA, 2008-Present
- Create branding, collateral and standards based web-sites & WordPress themes for multiple clients. Projects include: corporate identity, business cards, letterhead, display advertising, brochures, menus, posters and websites.
- Fox Groove Interactive
Wireframes, heuristic evaluations and site map creation for pharmaceutical clients.
- Philadelphia Non-Profit Leaders
Converted static HTML website to WordPress with custom theme and coding.
- Portside Arts Center
Implemented Static HTML site to Adobe Contribute template based pages. Trained content authors on effective web copy and SEO strategies.
- Brittney Singletary Design
Designed and typeset full-color newsletter for Temple University Health Systems.
- Product Engineer I
- Perfecseal Philadelphia, PA 2010-2011
- Prepare ﬂexible medical packaging for commercial ﬂexographic printing.
- Lead Designer
- Incisive Media, The Legal Intelligencer, PA Law Weekly, Philadelphia, PA 2008
- Lead Graphic Designer for daily newspaper, weekly magazine and multiple other periodicals. Chiefly responsible for promotional materials for newspapers, special events, book publishing division and web collateral.
- Assistant Art Director
- Penn State Industries, Philadelphia, PA, 2006-2008
- Work in coordination with Art Director and Marketing Director to maintain corporate identity and create artwork for international catalog/internet/retail company. Illustrate and typeset product instruction manuals, labels, package designs, DVD and catalog covers. Photograph products and retouch images for catalog and website. Support sales department by preparing ductwork proposals for home/industrial wood-working shops.
- Developed automatic generation of ductwork proposals; increased productivity by 200% and accuracy by 80%.
- Designed and implemented product database to create consistency and uniformity in the production of labels and packages to enhance corporate recognition.
- Graphic Designer
- WVUD, Newark, DE, 2000-2003
- Designed and developed advertising for college-based community radio station including in-house advertising, logo and corporate identity. Responsible for the electronic recreation of student training manual.
- Graphic Designer
- Community Publications Inc., Hockessin, DE, 2000-2002
- Worked in coordination with sales-representatives to design client-based advertising for five newspapers on a weekly production schedule. Lead cover designer for special advertising sections.
- Operational Manager and Longshoreman
- Clearwater Marine Towing, Philadelphia, PA, 2003 – 2006
- Provided managerial and physical support for family business during downsizing of operations. Maintained deck and engine room equipment including diesel engine, plumbing, electrical, rope, pneumatic and hydraulic systems for three tugboats and two barges. Facilitated the sale of two ocean going tugboats.
- Board Member
- PositiveSpace, Philadelphia PA, 2007
- Member 2003 – 2006
- PositiveSpace is a non-profit artists group dedicated to creating a network of local artists to exchange ideas and resources, creating new opportunities for artists and integrating art into the community in which we live.
- “Ave C” Jazz Radio Host
- WVUD, Newark, DE, 2002 – 2009
- 91.3 FM WVUD, the Voice of the University of Delaware, the University’s non-commercial educational radio station.
- PhillyCHI.acm.org, 2010 – Present
- Member, PhillyCHI is the Philadelphia region’s chapter of the ACM SIGCHI, an interdisciplinary academic and professional group interested in human-computer interaction, user experience, usability, and other related disciplines.
- Digital Media Certificate (6 Credits)
- Moore College of Art and Design
- Bachelors of Fine Arts in Painting (2003)
- University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- Associate of Applied Sciences in Graphic Design (1999)
- Delaware County Community College, Media, PA
- 2009 “Dragnet” SAGE Projects Gallery, Philadelphia, PA
- 2008 “Fishtasticon IV” 2012-18 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- 2007 “Fishtasticon 3; Multimedia Event” M-Room, Philadelphia, PA – Fringe Festival
- 2007 “POST; Artists Member Show” Viking Mills, Philadelphia, PA
- 2006 “Standard Craft” Standard Tap, Philadelphia, PA
- 2006 “POST; Artists Member Show” Coral Street Arts House, Philadelphia, PA
- 2006 “Fishtasticon 2; Multimedia Event” M-Room, Philadelphia, PA
- 2005 “POST; Artists Member Show” Rocket Cat Cafe, Philadelphia, PA
- 2005 “Fishtasticon; Multimedia Event” M-Room, Philadelphia, PA
- 2002 “Warm Pop” University of Delaware Senior Thesis Exhibition, Newark, DE
- 1999 Juried Student Show – Delaware County Community College, Media, PA